• Tackle recommendations for those unfamiliar with ocean fishing.
• Two Fishing poles (medium light or medium heavy) and tackle.
We recommend one reel spooled with a minimum of 400 ft (133 yd) 10lb-20lb test line for bottom fishing Rockfish, Sculpin, Halibut or fly lining bait. The other reel spooled with 400ft of 25lb-40lb test line for trolling or surface fishing if Tuna,Yellowtail, Bonita or Barracuda are in the area.
• An assortment of hooks around size #2 and above.
• An assortment of torpedo sinkers 4oz-8oz for bottom fishing and sliding egg sinkers 1/2oz to 1 oz.
• Any of your favorite lures and jigs.
• All necessary fishing gear is available for rent at $25/person.
• We'll provide all heavy duty trolling rods, reels and tackle, at no charge, for offshore fishing when targeting larger species such as Mako shark or Tuna.
We currently do not provide food or beverages onboard
We recommend you bring the following:
• Lunch • Drinks • Hat • Jacket •Sunglasses • Sunscreen
• A small Ice chest or Cold Bag to take your fish home.
We will fillet all your fish and pack them in freezer bags on ice.
If you forget any items, such as, hat, jacket, sunscreen, or sunglasses
we have extras on board that you can use.
• Fishing license with an Ocean Enhancement stamp.
Required for all persons fishing 16 yrs and older.
One and Two day license holders are not required to purchase the Ocean Enhancement stamp.
For Fishing License information click below.
Tours can include trips to Huntington Harbor, Long Beach harbor, Queen Mary, battleship IOWA, or whale watching. If you prefer to enjoy an afternoon lunch and shopping on the waterfront, we can take you to Shoreline Village at Rainbow Harbor in Long Beach.
If you are prone to motion sickness we suggest purchasing either Dramamine or Bonine over the counter at your local pharmacy or get a prescription for a behind the ear patch from your Doctor.
Patches work well for most people. If taking Dramamine or Bonine, we've found that taking one pill bedtime the night before the trip and another half before getting on the boat usually provides the best results.